Saturday, September 21, 2013

California Teen becomes 1st Transgender Elected Homecoming Queen

 California becomes 1st state to take gay Marriage Seriously with Prop 8, & now 1st to have a Transgender Homecoming Queen >>>
Cassidy Lynn Campbell up until about 3yrs Prior was known under the name "Lance Campbell". The Transgender & youtube sensation for her Boy 2 Girl Transformation, can now add "History Maker" to her resume. Cassidy has become the 1st Transgender to become Homecoming queen ever @ Huntington Beach, Ca(Marina High School). A teary eyed Cassidy accepted her crown and said: 

"I wasn't doing this for me," she told ABC affiliate KABC-TV, shortly after being proclaimed the winner, "I was doing this for so many others, so many others around the nation."  

Of course this came at the price of controversy when it was announced she 
was nominated, & was in the top 10 for homecoming court. 

"They think that I'm just a boy doing this for fun, and I'm just a boy dressing up as a girl and trying to win a crown when that is completely the opposite of what it is," she said. "I've always seen myself as a girl." 

Campbell said on twitter "I'm not doing this to be famous, it's to open people's eyes to the world around them". 

With a supportive mother, & student body Cassidy is showing the world that anything is possible, & we are all equal.


No comments:

Post a Comment