Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1st Transgender Mayor Elected small City in India (#LGBT)




Like "Giving Birth", 9 mos earlier the courts in India had recognised "Transgender", as a third gender. The Cause & effect of Madhu Khinnar, winning the elections for a city in Chhattisgarh with 4,500 votes. Her opponent from the (BJP) or Bharatiya Janata Party, Kinnar won as an independent candidate.

Madhu is from Dalit, a *low caste area, she used to earn her living by singing/dancing on the trains.
Rejoiced by the elections Kinnar said the following:

"People have shown faith in me. I consider this win as love and blessings of people for me. I'll put in my best efforts to accomplish their dreams," Kinnar was quoted as saying.


"It was the public support that encouraged me to enter the poll fray for the first time and because of their support only, I emerged as the winner."


A step forward for the "Trans Community", but then back for the "LGBT" community due to the fact that the courts in India have reinstated the "Gay Sex Ban". forcing many to conceal their sexual orientation.


No comments:

Post a Comment